Updated: Feb 4, 2021
Sometimes you just can't beat a Victoria sponge - the absolute queen of cakes!
However, because I have a small obsession with all things miniature and cute, I decided to tweak these to make little versions!
This is a super easy bake - a simple vanilla sponge, fresh strawberries, and an easy vanilla buttercream - what could be better?!
Mini Victoria Sponges
125g caster sugar
125g self raising flour (or plain flour + 1tsp baking powder)
120g icing sugar
A handful of strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (Fan 160ºC/Gas Mark 4)
2. Cream together 125g butter and caster sugar.
3. Add eggs and mix well.
4. Fold in flour, and pour into a loaf tin.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden, risen and cooked through - test with a skewer to ensure baked! Then leave to cool completely.
6. Cream the remaining butter and icing sugar together until light and fluffy. Add 1tsp vanilla bean paste (and 1tsp of milk if required to make a smooth spreadable consistency).
7. Thinly slice strawberries.
8. When the cake is cool, use a small round cutter to cut into circles.
9. Slice each round in half and sandwich together with buttercream and fresh strawberries.
9. Dust the tops with icing sugar, and top with a strawberry slice.
10. Serve with plenty of ice cold Pimms! (or a nice cup of tea!)
Please don't forget to share your pictures of your bakes - I'm @misshelensbakes on Instagram and Twitter, and would love to see what you make!
Miss Helen x